- World wide
- Full time
- Start date:
- May 2023 and June 2023
We are now recruiting medic's for various projects. The Offshore Safety Advisor / Medic is responsible for supporting the implementation of the company's Health and Safety Management System, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
This role requires creating a positive HSEQ culture, promoting critical safety behaviors, and providing occupational health and safety advice. The Offshore Safety Advisor/Medic will oversee health surveillance programs, provide medical care and emergency treatments, and contribute to incident investigations and emergency drills.
Reports to: HSE Manager (professionally) and Vessel Master/OIM (administratively).
- Lead and promote a positive HSE culture, emphasizing critical safety behaviors and ensuring adherence to HSE policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provide professional and efficient response to routine health requirements at offshore worksites.
- Advise management on occupational health, hygiene, safety, and environmental matters, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversee occupational health and hygiene issues, including health surveillance programs and monitoring of the working environment.
- Provide medical care, including emergency and occupational health treatments, and maintain accurate reporting.
- Monitor and maintain the operation of medical facilities, ensuring adequate supplies and equipment are available.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of medical reports, statistics, and incident records, and provide analysis and reports as required.
- Deliver training on health, safety, and emergency response procedures to offshore personnel.
- Support incident investigations, collect relevant information, and participate in root cause analysis.
- Assist with emergency drills and training exercises, evaluating preparedness and identifying areas for improvement.
- Participate in toolbox talks and risk assessments, actively contributing to discussions on safety measures.
- Collaborate with HSE team members to coordinate HSE services and provide advice on safety-related matters.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, regulations, and emerging trends in offshore safety and health, striving to incorporate them into company procedures.
- Ensure that HSE practices align with ethical standards and promote integrity in all aspects of offshore operations.Authority/Dimensions:
- Operate within the company's code of conduct and follow established management principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the HSE function, ensuring consistency and compliance.
- Refer to the authority limit matrix for specific decision-making authority levels.
- Specific training in relevant professional fields such as Nursing, Trauma Medicine, Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety (e.g., NEBOSH certificate), etc.
- HSE Offshore Medic certification.
- Sea Survival training (GWO or equivalent).
- Working at heights training (GWO or equivalent).
- First Aid Trainers Qualification would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working in the offshore industry at an appropriate level.